Thursday, March 23, 2017

Ninth Recording

Link to recording

This week, I have worked on integrating all features of my archetype's accent to my speech. I had already practiced by focusing attention to specific features such as prominence, intonation, connectedness, openness and reductions in my former blog posts. This week, I practiced all of them, and I listened to each recording I made to find out what features I had missed.

I have mastered the whole speech of my archetype now, and I can record myself to the end with no pauses. However, I played my archetype's voice alongside my recordings and I worked on specific words at first. Then, I practiced on single sentences. Practicing one sentence at a time helped acquire the right intonation and prominence. After that, I worked on connectedness of my speech.

The greatest tool I have used for practice all through is my archetype. Since I had a video recording of her, it was easy to observe her posture, lip movement and gestures as she spoke. Besides this, I used YouTube videos from "Rachel's English."

I feel that the improvement of my speech has stagnated lately. As much as I practice, I find all my recordings sounding similar from around week 7. I don't know if this true and I would love to receive feedback from a different listener.

No comments:

Post a Comment