Friday, February 3, 2017

Third Recording

Link to recording

This week has been a continuation of last week's practice on Voice quality settings. After noticing the areas where my pronunciation varies most from my archetype's, I started focusing on one feature at a time. I have practiced openness/lip spreading when pronouncing back vowels and retroflexion when pronouncing /r/. I hope one can notice a slight improvement in pronunciation of the words "prom", "job" and "over"

Generally, reductions and producing the rhotic "r" are the greatest challenge I have. I feel that reductions are so random and that makes difficult for me to pay attention to all of them.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Magdalyne.

    As I listen, I hear your production changing already :-) You are doing a very accurate job of reproducing the rate and of addressing the aspects of vocal posture on how vowels sound... Our upcoming focus on vowel and consonant allophones - and tips on practicing them - will be perfect for your continued efforts!

    ReplyDelete