Monday, January 23, 2017

My first recording



Most noticeable differences between the archetype and my own pronunciation.
The intonation of my archetype is more pronounced than mine both in questions and statements. I will work on my intonation as I continue practicing to ensure that I sound close to my archetype. Also, her pronunciation of both vowels and consonants is noticeably different. I do pronounce some of the sounds she omits, such the /t/ in “date”. While some of her vowels are more open e.g. /o/ in “prom”, mine are more closed. Her speech is more connected and rapid while mine is slower. I realize that I do pronounce distinct words when speaking English, so I may have to work on speech rate as well. Lastly, her stress patterns on particular words or syllables in a word are noticeable and make it easy to understand her speech. I will practice several times before achieving that stress pattern. These are some of the areas that I should work on sufficiently to sound close to my archetype.

This week, I will work on my voice quality. I hope to improve on my tone and perhaps intonation as well. I will also focus on the rate of my speech because I think it is important to keep up or get close to the speed of my archetype.

No comments:

Post a Comment